March 22, 2014

The M. Zuiko 75mm f1.8

M. Zuiko 75mm f1.8
My Precious

I recently acquired the M. Zuiko 75mm f1.8 and I'm very glad I did. I've been longing for this lens for a while now because I could not afford it when it came out. I finally caved in and sold some of my lenses (this is one of the reasons why I sold my 12mm f2 and Pana-Leica 25mm F1.4) so I could fund the purchase of this great lens. Perhaps one if not the best MFT lens at the moment.


I love this lens so much that it was glued to my E-M5 for a while. Saying that it is awesome is an understatement for me. I will have to say that it is the best lens I have owned so far. Of course that doesn't mean it is perfect. It has flaws too but we all know that nothing in this world is perfect. So enough talk, let's see the images I produced so far.

355
Poop at 355
J1
Gaze
NJ's Olympus PEN E-P5
NJ's E-P5, hmmm bokeh!!!
Hapa Izakaya
Japanese restaurant
Deep in conversation
Deep in conversation
E-P1 and 45mm f1.8
A great combo
E
Business man
Mighty Baker
Mighty Baker
Fez at work
Hard at work
Field and Fog
Morning fog
Selfie
And yours truly - I just had to make a selfie :)

All images were made using the Olympus OM-D E-M5 and the M. Zuiko 75mm f1.8 (except the photo of the 75mm f1.8 - that was taken using the M. Zuiko ED 12-40mm f2.8 PRO). Almost all the photos here were SOOC except for the BW conversion. The sharpness, colours and rendering are all pretty much the lens. If you are looking for a description or list of what's good about this lens you won't find it in this post. Just look at the images above and click it if you want to see bigger versions. A lot of other sites already reviewed this lens and I think it's a waste of time to repeat what they already published. I'd recommend this lens to anyone in a heartbeat. Yes it's a telephoto lens and a bit on the long side (150mm equivalent) but if you cannot make this lens sing then I guess it's not for you.

I have a set on flickr dedicated to this lens. If you want to see more photographs from this lens please click the link. 

--EP3.  

No comments:

Post a Comment