January 2, 2014

My Photographic Resolutions for 2014

Untitled

2013 has been a good year photographically for me. It was a building and learning year and I've learned a lot. I'm looking forward to this year and I'm actually quite excited. All the best to all of you!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Untitled

1. Shoot more and shoot consistently - I did not shoot a lot in 2013 and I could only hope I shot more. Shooting more means more practice and more experimenting for me so I hope to do a lot of shooting this year.

2. Define my style - this is a continuous process but since 2013 was a learning year for me my style changed and I think I'm on the process of creating a new style for myself. It's on-going and I hope to solidify it this year.

3. Experiment - while trying to define my style I would like to experiment more and discover new things, whether it be lighting or new techniques.

4. Try Medium Format - I've tried it but unfortunately I lost the film I used, it got over exposed while waiting to be developed :(. If budget permits I would like to get my own medium format camera. 

5. And last since I don't want a long list, is to make the best of what I have or own - I may get the chance to buy a new lens/camera or not :). It depends on the budget but if not then I will have to produce what I can with what I have and do it to the best of my abilities. Besides, I don't need a new lens or camera anyway, it's a want! :)

All the images in this post are a collection of images from the past. They are not necessarily from 2013 (some are from 2012) but I find they deserve a second chance. 

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

And with colour...

Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

All images were taken using an Olympus E-P1 or the OM-D E-M5 and the following lenses: Panasonic Lumix 7-14mm f/4, M. Zuiko 12mm f/2, Pana-Leica 25mm F1.4, SLR Magic 26mm f/1.4, and the M. Zuiko 45mm f/1.8.

--EP3.

4 comments:

  1. Nicely stated. I am also struggling to define my style, but I think its becoming more clear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would leave number two for itself. No need to "work" on a style, a style becomes apparent eventually or not! I already sense a style in your photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Greg. You're right, the images will speak for themselves as per style goes.

      Delete